1. A thermal printhead comprising:
2. The thermal printhead according to claim 1, further comprising means for setting the head voltage and the logic voltage independently of each other.
3. The thermal printhead according to claim 1, further comprising voltage varying means for varying a pulse width of the head voltage during the printing in response to variation in the head voltage.
4. The thermal printhead according to claim 1, wherein each of the heating elements has an effective print length in a sub-scanning direction, a pixel to be printed per printing datum having a print length in the sub-scanning direction, the effective print length being generally equal to an n-th of the print length, with n being a natural number not smaller than 2.
5. The thermal printhead according to claim 1, wherein each of the drive IC's incorporates a plurality of transistors connected to the heating elements.
6. The thermal printhead according to claim 5, wherein the transistors are MOS field effect transistors.
7. A printer comprising:
8. The printer according to claim 7, wherein the power supply means includes a battery.