1. A power supply apparatus comprising:
2. The power supply apparatus according to claim 1 wherein said gaps are formed in said outer legs at locations corresponding substantially to a mid portion along the length of said center part; and said core is formed of two members of same size and shape, said two members being disposed on opposite sides of a plane passing through said gaps and said center part.
3. The power supply apparatus according to claim 1 wherein said core comprises first, second and third members; each of said first and second members having a center leg, and at least two outer legs disposed on opposite sides of said center leg, being spaced from said center leg, said center legs having a same length, and said outer legs having a length same as said center legs; said first and second members being disposed in such a manner that said outer legs of one member can face corresponding outer legs of the other member; said third member being disposed between the center legs of said first and second members so that gaps can be disposed between said facing outer legs.
4. The power supply apparatus according to claim 1 further comprising a control unit common to said at least two power supply units, said control unit controlling said DC-to-high-frequency converters by a common control signal.
5. The power supply apparatus according to claim 4 wherein said common control unit comprises detecting means for detecting an output signal supplied to said load; error detecting means for developing an error signal representative of a difference between said output signal and a predetermined reference signal; and a control signal generating means for generating said common control signal based on said error signal.