Human RNA binding process
Imported: 24 Feb '17 | Published: 25 Feb '03
USPTO - Utility Patents
The invention provides human RNA binding proteins (RNABP) and polynucleotides which identify and encode RNABP. The invention also provides expression vectors, host cells, antibodies, agonists, and antagonists. The invention also provides methods for diagnosing, treating or preventing disorders associated with expression of RNABP.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE FIGURES AND TABLE
1C show the amino acid sequence alignment between RNABP-1 (1229372; SEQ ID NO:1) and hic-encoded RNA helicase (GI 3378056; SEQ ID NO:7). The alignment was produced using the multisequence alignment program of LASERGENE software (DNASTAR, Madison Wis.).
FIG. 2 shows the amino acid sequence alignment between amino acids 110 to 198 of RNABP-2 (1250374; SEQ ID NO:2) and amino acids 152 to 238 of sex determination-associated RNP (GI 608464; SEQ ID NO:8).
FIGS. 3A and 3B show the amino acid sequence alignment between RNABP-3 (1710966; SEQ ID NO:3) and U2 snRNP A′ (GI 37547; SEQ ID NO:9).
1. A substantially purified RNA polypeptide (RNABP) comprising an amino acid sequence selected from the group consisting of
2. A composition comprising a polypeptide of claim 1 in conjunction with a suitable pharmaceutical carrier.
3. A method for treating or preventing a disorder associated with decreased expression or activity of RNABP, the method comprising administering to a subject in need of such treatment an effective amount of a pharmaceutical composition of claim 2.
4. A polypeptide of claim 1, having the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID NO:1.
5. A composition comprising a polypeptide of claim 4 in conjunction with a suitable pharmaceutical carrier.