Imported: 23 Feb '17 | Published: 02 Jul '02
USPTO - Utility Patents
The invention relates to a can or coil coating resin system. The system contains a mixture of at least 2 polymers wherein at least one polymer has a glass transition temperature greater than 45° C. and wherein the polymers are soluble in organic solvents. The polymer with the glass transition temperature of greater than 45° C. is preferably an amorphous polyester resin. The second polymer may be a resin with a dry solids content between 30% and 100% and a Tg of less than 40° C.
1. A coating resin comprising a mixture of at least two polyesters and a solvent wherein at least one polyester has a glass transition temperature greater than 45° C. and at least one polyester has a Tg of less than 40° C., and wherein the polyesters are soluble in organic solvents, said polyesters are formed from reaction components consisting of an acid component and at least one polyalcohol component, wherein said acid component is selected from the group consisting of phthalic anhydride, isophthalic acid, terephthalic acid, dimethylterephthalate ester, adipic acid, sebacic acid, hexahydroterephthalic acid, decane dicarboxylic acid, 5,6-butylisophthalic acid, tetrahydrophthalic anhydride, succinic anhydride, maleic anhydride, trimellitic anhydride, pyromellitic anhydride, hexahydrophthalic anhydride, and mixtures thereof.
2. A coating resin system according to
3. A can or coil coating composition comprising a coating resin system according to
4. A composition according to
5. A substrate that is at least partially coated wherein the coating is obtained from a composition according to
6. A coating resin as claimed in
7. The coating resin according to
8. The coating resin composition according to